Why Your Digital Marketing Should be Integrated and Holistic
Some of the most effective digital marketing strategies applied by business owners today include content strategy, SEO, social media marketing, and PPC advertising. If you’re implementing digital marketing to achieve your business goals, you might want to reevaluate your strategies and tactics if they are cohesive, integrated and have a holistic approach.
If you’re thinking that an integrated digital marketing strategy is costly and is only practical for big companies, think again. Of course, investing in only a part of digital marketing (e.g., investing only on getting higher search engine ranking or investing only on getting more Facebook likes) will save your money. But will it save your money and business in a long run?
An integrated and holistic digital marketing is a strategy that combines carefully selected sub-strategies, tactics, techniques, and styles to form a more powerful campaign that can generate better, bigger, and more long-lasting results for a brand or business. It unites and harmonizes various digital marketing strategies like SEO, content marketing, social media marketing, and even offline marketing strategies to work as one.
Here are 10 reasons why I recommend that your digital marketing should be integrated and holistic:
1. It ensures the growth of your brand. An integrated digital marketing doesn’t only boost your search engine rankings, number of social media likes, and web traffic, but it helps your business improve its profitability and stability. Since an integrated strategy is based on a holistic approach, it takes into account your deepest goals, such as your business’ bottom line, integrity, and reputation.
2. It generates more intelligent data. One of the great advantages of an integrated digital marketing campaign is that it gives you an opportunity to gather wider and deeper data. This happens because you don’t just generate data from a single channel. With an integrated strategy, you generate intelligent data across several channels such as social media, search engines, and mobile platforms, which you can eventually combine to see a bigger picture.
3. It gives you the ability to accurately target customers. By seeing the bigger and deeper picture, you gain the knack to accurately target and retarget your audience. Imagine if you’re just relying on search engine marketing and ignoring social media. You may understand how your target customers behave on search engines, but you may not understand how they interact on social media. With a multi-channel campaign, you will understand your target customers deeper, and come up with better marketing strategies to influence their buying decisions.
4. It actually saves your money. You might be thinking that a piecemeal digital marketing campaign without an integrated strategy could save your money. But think again. You may benefit from paying cheaper services but does it worth your money? A cheap and hasty campaign may be cheap, but it may also result to nothing but a waste of time and money. With integrated and holistic online marketing strategy, you can have a sense of direction. This helps you have the ability to identify unnecessary campaigns and remove them to stop wasting your money further.
5. It promotes teamwork among the people in your organization. In an integrated digital marketing campaign, multiple strategies, techniques, and people are involved, not only the ones in your marketing department but also everyone who shares your common goal. Here, the people in your business, whether in-house or outsourced, are collaborating with each other to make your marketing campaign more effective, your customers happy, and your business grow.
6. Your digital marketing success doesn’t only depend on a single channel. You don’t just depend on Google, Facebook or any marketing channel alone. Many business owners and marketers in the past relied on the leads they’re getting from Google traffic, but when the search giant made some algorithmic changes, their traffic have declined as well as their revenues and profit.
In an integrated strategy, you create your own value which attracts these channels and their users. By creating valuable content, useful conversations, and other solutions, your brand is loved by Google, Facebook, other channels, and of course their users. You don’t need to worry about chasing Google or Facebook — their users chase you because of your valuable content and solutions.
7. It makes your customers more satisfied. The bottom line of a holistic digital marketing strategy is not only your business’ net income but your consistent net income. This bottom line requires you to consistently make your customers happy so they remain loyal to your brand. Whatever your marketing campaign is, for example if it is SEO, it is crafted to provide valuable and high-quality content to guarantee the satisfaction of your audience.
8. It supports the essence of your business. A holistic digital marketing is based on your core business principles, values, and major goals. It also carries your value proposition and brand’s voice throughout your marketing campaigns.
9. It helps you create a more powerful marketing strategy to win your competition. If you are serious in winning your competition, you should consider that your competitors are already using integrated marketing strategies that can easily win against you. Therefore, don’t let yourself be kicked out from the competition. Integrate your marketing strategies and tactics to have a better structure. They must have bones, muscles and teeth to be competitive.
10. It makes you a better business leader and influencer. Business owners, entrepreneurs, marketers or anyone who implements an integrated and holistic strategy becomes more mature and knowledgeable about the existence of their business and its stakeholders. This helps them grow as a leader and an inspiration to others. Furthermore, when you are always acquainted with several people and talents that are integrated in your strategy, you tend to learn more.
Every business, whether big or small, deserves to win its competition, earn loyal customers, and constantly improve its bottom line. Every business is also a serious business – no business owner or entrepreneur would want to see his company falling, am I right? Therefore, if you are investing in digital marketing to achieve your business goals, consider becoming a more serious investor — invest in an integrated and holistic strategy. You don’t want to waste your money, time, and other resources on ineffective campaigns, do you?