Professional bloggers are not just writers or publishers. They’re not just blogging for their passion or merely unleashing their expressions. But Pro bloggers are also equipped with digital marketing skills, including content marketing, social media marketing and search engine optimization. They also have entrepreneurial mindset and know how business runs. Hence, if you want to grow your business, bloggers can be one of the experts that you might consider to work with.
Here are seven reasons why business owners like you should work with professional bloggers to promote your brand and grow your business:
1. Bloggers can increase your brand’s search engine visibility.
Consumers use Google to search for reviews and stories about a certain product or service before they make a purchase. And who write most of those reviews and stories that are indexed by Google and other search engines? They are bloggers.
Professional bloggers can write and publish an article about a product and manage it to rank on Google for its related keywords.
For example, if you own a hotel business in Cebu City in the Philippines, you can tap a blogger to write and publish a blog post or series of blog posts that will target people who will search for the following keywords that are related to your business:
– best hotels in Cebu City
– affordable hotels in Cebu City
– where to stay in Cebu City
– tourist spots in Cebu City
Tourists from around the world who want to visit Cebu City will most likely search for the queries above. And if you are working with a professional blogger who can publish blog posts, which mention your hotel and can rank with the keywords above, then your business will be more visible for the most searchable queries that are related to your niche on Google and other search engines.
To make sure that a blogger can help you boost your brand’s search engine visibility, check if he or she is knowledgeable in search engine optimization or SEO. You can also ask the blogger about the keywords that he is currently ranking well on Google.
The following image is a screenshot of Google’s search results page for the keyword “Cebu tourist spots”. One of our blogs, FAQ.ph, is on top of its result. Hence, if you own a tourism related business (hotel, resort, restaurant, etc.) in Cebu City or anywhere in the Philippines, you may work with us to promote your brand. 😉
2. They can make your brand viral in social media.
Most bloggers know how to implement social media marketing. They usually manage a Facebook Page that has thousands of followers. And aside from that, they also know how to run an advertising campaign that can make their posts reach thousands or even millions of targeted audience on Facebook and other social platforms.
If you want your business or brand to reach its maximum target audience, a blogger who’s also a social media expert can help you do these things:
– Write a highly interesting and useful blog post that mentions your brand (it doesn’t need to be written directly about your business, otherwise it will look like an advertorial blog post);
– post it in his Facebook Page;
– share it in relevant groups;
– run a Facebook Page Post engagement ad;
– do split testing to maximize reach while minimizing cost per engagement (CPE);
– and manage it to become viral or trending.
Below is a screenshot of our blog post shared on Facebook and boosted with Facebook page post engagement ad to reach more target audience according to their location, interest and other demographics. By creating a highly engaging blog post, we can easily reach more than a hundred thousand people on Facebook even with a small budget.
3. They can generate traffic to your website.
If you have a business or company website, there are two ways bloggers can send traffic to your site. First, they can create a blog post on their blogs and refer traffic to your website. Second, they can create a blog post inside your website and generate traffic directly to your site. Either way, you can decide which is more beneficial to your business according to your specific goals.
If your goal is to reach out the existing audience of the blogger in his own blog and drive them to your website, then the first is more practical. But if your goal is to add a valuable content written by a professional blogger within your website, then I recommend the second one.
Expert bloggers can generate tons of targeted traffic in the form of:
– Organic traffic from Google and other search engines (see #1). This kind of traffic could be consistent for months and even years.
– Social media traffic referred by Facebook courtesy of blog posts that became trending or viral (see #2). This type of traffic could reach hundred thousand or even millions of targeted people depending on the extent of the campaign.
– Direct traffic which is composed of the blogger’s existing loyal readers.
Here’s a screen capture image of one of our blog’s weekly Google Analytics report that shows a traffic surge when we create a viral blog post.
4. They can help boost your sales.
The traffic generated by bloggers and the people they engaged can be targeted to only include the ones who are most relevant to your business. Therefore, they could be highly convertible into leads or customers. To make sure that you conversion rate is optimized, avoid these mistakes:
– Working with a blogger whose niche is not related to your business
– Working with a blogger who doesn’t interact with his audience
– Working with a blogger who doesn’t have a good relationship with his audience
– Working with a blogger who doesn’t know how to target an audience on search engines and social media
– Working with a blogger who doesn’t understand your business or brand
5. They can help manage your online reputation.
Some businesses may experience negative publications on the Internet. It could be an article written by a blogger who ranted about his bad experience with a certain business. Some of this type of blog posts can even seen on top of Google while others become trending on social media. This negative publication can damage the integrity and image of any brand. And where do businesses run for help?
If that happens to your business, professional bloggers can rescue you. An expert blogger can provide the following solutions to manage your online reputation:
– Write a positive blog post or series of blog posts about your business that will outrank the negative one on Google and other search engines.
– Create a positive blog post about your business and make it trending on social media to counter the negative publication about your business.
– Reach out the blogger that published the negative blog post about your business to update or even remove it.
Below is a screenshot of Google’s search result for the query Cebu Pacific stories (the brand is a popular budget airline in the Philippines). You can observe that the first page indexed by Google is one that was written by a frustrated customer. It even outranked the official website and social media pages of the company. If your business will experience such, you may work with a professional blogger to help you manage your brand’s image online.
6. They can provide you readily available intelligent data.
Bloggers use Google Analytics, Facebook Insights and other powerful tools to track and analyze the performance of their blogging campaigns. If you will work with them, they can provide you business intelligence that you can use to make better future marketing decisions. The following are only some of the many useful data that they can provide you if you’ll work with them:
– Search volume of your target keywords
– Estimated number of your target audience
– Number of visitors who viewed or read their blog posts that mentioned your brand
– Demographics of those visitors above
– Conversion rate or the percentage of visitors who take your desired action
– Customers’ feedback (comments, inquiries and suggestions)
– Cost per engagement and other costs of campaign
– Identities of your competitors / competitive analysis
– Recommendations and advice for improvement
Below is a sample of useful data that a blogger can relay to a business owner. The data is provided by Facebook based on one of our previous Facebook Ad campaigns. It summarizes my targeted and engaged audience according to their gender and ages. It also shows the cost per engagement of our campaign.
7. Their professional fees are affordable for most businesses.
Bloggers are passionate people. They love what they do. Though they might work with businesses and demand for fees for their time and effort, they always do their job enthusiastically. That is why most bloggers won’t charge companies and businesses too excessively.
In the Philippines, the cost of a single blog post to increase a brand’s search engine visibility and reach its target audience on Facebook (Philippine audience) starts at Php10,000 or $200 (some bloggers can even offer it at Php 3,000 -5,000 or $60 – $100). The blogger’s fee also gets higher if the client wants to achieve a more difficult goal. For example, if the goal of client is to reach one million people on Facebook, the professional fee of a blogger could be more expensive since it will require more time, effort, and advertising budget.
Bloggers who need to travel and visit a client’s premises may also charge for incidental costs, such as travel and accommodation expenses. However, bloggers are everywhere. So you just need to look for a blogger who lives nearby to save money.
The cost of hiring a professional blogger may be more expensive than hiring an amateur blogger. However it’s still more affordable than investing in expensive traditional ads, such as billboard advertising and TV ads. And with all the benefits I mentioned above, I can say that bloggers can give you a good run for your money.
Professional bloggers possess both the passion and digital marketing skills that you might just need to help your business reach its target customers and achieve growth in sales. For a fair price, they could help your brand become more visible on search engines and viral in social media, and consequently send tons of traffic to your website and generate more sales. They can also help you in preserving the integrity of your business, and assist you in making your digital marketing plan by providing you with intelligent data.
So what are you waiting for? Look for the right blogger that could help you grow your business. Finally, when looking for a blogger to work with, remember that it is better to hire a single professional blogger than hire a hundred bloggers who don’t know what they are doing.